Momma said it again to me last week: Practice makes perfect. So… let’s practice! In this season, as we always do, we will be calling additional practices. While I had already asked you to attend early on Dec. 7 and 14 to work on the arrangement for the jail ministry, we need to have some extra practice on Christmas music. Our new schedule is as follows:
- Dec. 7 – 4:15 Jail Ministry and Christmas practice in sanctuary
- Dec. 14 – 4:00 Christmas practice in sanctuary
- Saturday, Dec. 20 – 10:00-12:30 Christmas play dress rehearsal
- Dec. 21 – CHRISTMAS AT HOME Play – Be in place at 5:40pm.
- Dec. 28 – NO Practice
- Jan. 4 – Be ON TIME to morning warm-up (9:15). Resume regular practices (4:30).
CHRISTMAS AT HOME
- Dress. Please wear dark, muted black and charcoal colors (prefer no blue or brown). Nothing bright or colorful, please. Ladies, please make sure dresses and skirts cover the knee. Men, please wear black suits or sport coats.
- Memorized. We will sing the opening song (Page 2 “Christmas at Home – Theme”) from memory as you walk in pairs up the aisles and file into the choir loft from back to front. Your music should be at your seat in the choir loft.
- Processional Chart. Please refer to the chart to know how to line up for the processional.
LOST BUT FOUND – Since we will NOT be working on our song for the jail ministry on Dec. 14, we might begin today.
CLIPBOARD – if you are missing music, please indicate it on the clipboard at the back of the room.
CHOIR CONCERT – The Temecula Valley Master Chorale is having their Christmas concert at 2:30pm on Saturday, Dec. 13 at Murrieta Valley High School. Cost is $15 for not only the entertainment of the afternoon, but, in my opinion, for the training you will receive as you observe another choir.