An update from Pastor Ryan:
Pastor’s Wednesday night series covered Christian martyrs through the ages, and I marvel at how their churches survived the trials. In the face of death, they continued to be churches that worshiped God, won souls, loved people, and stood for truth.
Our current enemy is not trying to kill us with the sword.
Our current enemy is not trying to kill us with coronavirus.
Our current enemy IS trying to kill us with SEPARATION.
But, like the churches of old, the true disciples of Christ endure trials with joy, and realize that no setback can change who we are.
Although we are currently going to video-only services (no assemblies in our church building), we will maintain a sense of worship as much as possible. I am aware that the medium affects the message—church doesn’t feel like church through an entertainment device—but we can do our part to make your HOME services as much like church as possible:
- Set up. Visit cbctemecula.com/live on any device and have the Facebook page ready to go for your home “services.” Even if you are NOT a Facebook member, you can still watch the services.
- Tonight: 7:00 pm
- Sunday morning: 11:00 am
- Sunday night: 6:00 pm
- Prepare. Come to the service times ready to participate in the entire service, just like you do for church. We won’t have you stand up and sit down, but you can still “come” to the services ready to worship. Limit your family’s distractions by removing the phones, not bringing food, etc.
- Join together. Without compromising the recommended limitations (group sizes under 10, limited contact with seniors, self-quarantined after travels, etc), join with another small family at the service times to worship.
- Sing. When it is time to sing, we will play some prerecorded hymns as congregationals. Sing along!
- Pray. When there’s “corporate” prayer, join along. Our sanctuary is open during regular business hours to come to the church to pray, as well.
- Give. Our financial obligations to our missionaries, our buildings, and other budget items have not ceased, and part of being in the body is to contribute via our online giving:
- TEXT GIVING:
- Text CBCT APP to 77977
- APP DOWNLOAD:
- ONLINE GIVING:
- Or, mail a check to 31087 Nicolas Rd. Temecula, CA 92591
- NOTE: The app giving is the church’s preferred method of giving. Not only do the recurring gifts help our monthly accounting, but the bookkeeping is much easier to do digitally. If you have been hesitant to sign up, would you please let me (Ryan Rench) know why, and if there is anything hindering your use of the app for giving? If I can make it easier for you, please let me know.
- TEXT GIVING:
- Participate. Sit through the “service” with Bible in hand and join right along! When we meet again at church, your family will not have missed a beat!
STAY TUNED. I know a lot of these updates can seem monotonous, but we are communicating new information in every post, video, and email, even if some of the information overlaps. We will keep our website, church app, and Facebook page up to date with everything we find out.
It will likely be several more weeks that we have these restrictions, so please stay connected to the family. Drop by the church (we’ll stay socially distant, that’s okay). Fellowship in small groups. Go outdoors for a hike together. Meet someone from your Sunday school class.
NEED HELP? A growing network of people have volunteered to help in ANY way possible, so if you or someone you know needs help shopping, or needs some emergency supplies, or needs to figure out how to watch the services live, please call the office at (951) 676-8700.
VIDEO UPDATE FROM PASTOR. Finally, if you missed Pastor Rench’s video update, please see him in the video below: