In a recent message, Pastor Oullette compared our Christmas trees with the one chosen by God.
The Picking of the Tree
- We choose a beautiful tree. God’s tree was brutal.
- We choose a graceful tree. God’s tree was gory.
- We choose a straight tree. God’s tree took the shape of a cross.
The Placing of the Tree
- We place our tree in the stand with great care and some difficulty.
- God’s tree was cruelly, painfully dropped into a hole.
The Preparation of the Tree
- We decorate our tree with bulbs. God’s tree was decorated with the blood of His Son.
- We decorate our tree with tinsel. God’s tree was decorated with the torn form of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We decorate our tree with lights. God’s was adorned with the loveliest Light—the Light of the World.
Truly, the greatest of gifts are not those found at the base of the Christmas tree, but that found at the foot of the cross! Merry Christmas to all, and “thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.”
-from December 23, 2012 bulletin