Every Sunday is a celebration of one thing: the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
When we were handing out invitations to church yesterday, I saw a car full of Jehovah’s Witness people drive by. I thought it was really sad, because they don’t believe Jesus was resurrected.
They don’t believe Jesus is God, so they have no reason to celebrate anything today.
It would be a sad, sad religion to have no hope of anything except MY good works and MY tithing and MY being a good person and MY work… That’s a lot of stress on ME.
Thankfully, Christianity isn’t about DOING anything, because it’s not about ME! True Christianity is about believing in and completely trusting a resurrected Savior—Jesus Christ.
So, every Sunday around here is a celebration of Jesus Christ. That’s where the whole “church” thing came from, anyway. To meet on a Sunday is to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. He arose on a Sunday and then the church started to meet every Sunday as the day of worship.
That’s what we’re doing today. And that’s what we do every week.
Do you come to church to celebrate Jesus Christ? He’s the only one worth celebrating. Calvary Baptist Church is not about Pastor Rench, it’s not about the buildings, and it’s not about the attendance. It’s not even about you.
It’s all about Jesus Christ.
He is the only reason we have to live. He should be everything to you. If He’s not, you don’t know what you’re missing! Turn to Him today!
-Bro. Ryan (951) 719-7191
Why Nobody Can Rationally Deny Jesus’ Resurrection
An Easter article by Pastor Cary Schmidt
Here are TEN quick reasons why nobody can really, rationally deny the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The resurrection of Jesus is absolutely plausible…
- Nobody ___________ it—not even His closest followers.
- Nobody would have ___________ it—The cleverest fiction writer wouldn’t have contrived this story, and least of all a bunch of uneducated, perplexed disciples.
- Nobody would have ___________ it—unless it was undeniable. 1st century culture was just as unlikely, or more so, to believe in a bodily resurrection as any skeptic is today.
- Nobody could deny it in the __________ __________ —there were over 500 living eyewitnesses who testified to the truth, and many source witnesses and records that substantiated the facts.
- Nobody would _________ for a lie—Jesus’ disciples and followers radically reversed their abandonment of Him and ultimately went to the death for their belief. Would you do that for what you knew was a lie?
- Nobody would ___________ his own brother—Jesus little brother James was a skeptic, until Jesus appeared to him after resurrection. Then he became a worshipper of Jesus.
- Nobody would have convinced ___________ —Saul was the sworn arch enemy of Christianity, and perhaps the least likely person to ever believe. He was a radicalist, committed to exterminating Christians. But He became a believer after seeing Jesus.
- Nobody can explain the explosion of ___________ —Powerful empires, persecution, threat, imprisonment, death—nothing could stop Christians from believing and telling others. Legends can’t be created that quickly, and legends don’t convince so many people, so radically, so immediately.
- Nobody can argue ___________ of changed lives—over 2,000 years, millions have believed in Jesus and followed Him, validating His life within them and His real work in their lives.
- Nobody could deny its ___________ fulfillment—in hindsight, it is clear—Jesus death, burial, resurrection was foretold hundreds and hundreds of years earlier. (See Isaiah 53 and 54.) Many times God gave record as to what would happen, when, how, and why.Is Jesus’ resurrection believable? Absolutely! In a court of law, the body of evidence is BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT!
One missionary asked a formerly muslim man, “Why did you become a Christian?”
He said, “It’s like this. I was journeying down the road of life, and came to a fork. I didn’t know which way to go, but there were two men there. One was dead and stayed dead, one was dead and came back to life. Which one would you ask for directions?”
We can celebrate with confidence—we have not followed a fable, we have followed the TRUTH!
2 Peter 1:16 “16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.”
Acts 1:3 “3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:”