Tonight, let’s pray for the Preaching Rally.
- Travel Mercies. For Bro. and Mrs. Williams; for all the churches; for our church family. Nothing can ruin an event like bad news about car trouble, an accident, a late flight, etc. It would be a bad way to start the PR if there’s a broken-down bus, mad parents, or even an injury or some other tragedy. Never take for granted that airplanes or cars won’t crash. Pray for safety.
- Preaching. For Bro. Rick’s preaching ability as he communicates God’s Word. Pray that it is clear. Pray that it is exactly what GOD intends and not what WE are trying to make it say.
- Effect. Pray that the effect of God’s Word preached is changed lives. Pray that every attendee—from kids up to adults—will be challenged to think biblically about gender. Pray that God’s people accept their role as a man or woman—whatever God says that it is—and adjust their lives where needed. Pray that we think Scripturally about our view of others’ stance on gender, and respond right when we are faced with a different view. Pray for the long-term effect on future lives, and the short-term effect on youth groups and individuals. Pray for those who already believe Bible truth to be strengthened, and those who disagree to be convinced of God’s path.
- Details. Pray that the details of the event go smoothly. Pray that nothing we do hinders the message. Pray that the food team works well so that no one gets upset about stupid things (food) and miss what God wants for them through the important things (preaching). Pray that the skits are not a distraction but add to the enjoyment of the day. Pray that the sound system does not act up (batteries, mic signal, volume of preacher, etc.) and that it serves each guest to be able to see and hear well. Pray that the decorations stay on the walls the entire service and do not fall or distract anyone during important times of the service. Pray for the greeters to not cause issues, but be helpful. Pray for the message of the songs to be communicated clearly and words and notes to be remembered.
- Yourself. Pray that you will hear from God. Pray that you will be able to serve well on Saturday so that others can hear from God too.
– Bro. Ryan