Wednesday, May 8, 2013
What if we created a bunch more of you? What would the class be like every week if it was filled with a bunch of you-clones? What if everyone greeted, paid attention, spoke up, was as friendly, or was as responsive to God’s Word as you?
- Would we have anyone at doorknocking, ever?
- Would any guest get greeted?
- Would the whole class be asleep during the sermon?
- Would anyone have their Bible?
- Would anyone sit next to others?
- Would anyone go to the altar?
- Would we ever have guests in our class?
- Would we be dressed down or dressed up?
- Would we be embarrassed or happy?
- Would there be a lot of open hearts?
- Would the preaching be the exciting time or the boring time?
- Would anyone take notes?
- Would anyone remember what was preached last week?
- Would anyone have read their Bible that week?
- Would anyone have done what their Bible said that week?
- Would anyone be at activities?
- Would anyone volunteer to work?
- Would anyone take the lead?
- Would anyone be around to help break down tables?
- Would we ever have any money given in the offering?
- Would anyone go to Bible college?
- Would anyone answer God’s call to preach?
- Would anyone remain pure till marriage?
- Would anyone even come to church regularly?
- Would everyone be full of pride?
What if everyone was like you? Would this be a spiritual, healthy church, or would God need to do some serious work in hearts.
Guess what… the class IS full of a lot of you-clones. AND, we’re going to be getting in a bunch more you-clones-to-be.
As the 6th graders come up, they’re not going to be established and rooted Christians. They’re not going to have their lives all in line and they’re not going to be strong in everything they do. They’re going to take their cues and their motivation from you. How will you influence them? Will they be passionate or bored? Alert or asleep? Responsive to God or apathetic about what He says? Excited or aloof?
BE the model you always wanted for yourself and never got.
ALASKA PREP – For those who received your confirmation letters and have turned in your deposit for the Alaska trip, please fill out your Requirement sheet each Wednesday. You will continue the daily BIBS but we will not have the class discussion. If you did not receive a new BIBS insert, please pick one up from the table.
PROMOTION SUNDAY – It’s coming up soon! We’ll have the new 7th graders (the current 6th graders) AND the new interns (Bro. Garrett and Bro. Tim) in our class on Sunday, June 2. Be sure to be kind and welcoming (Love God. Love others. Do right).
YARD SALE – Begin spreading the word about the yard sale. We are now accepting donations and doing pickups. We have about a month to collect, price and organize everything before our big fund-raiser.